Functional Medicine is a personalized model that empowers patients and doctor to achieve the highest expression of health by addressing the underlying causes of diseases.
The functional medicine service at New Age Medical Center utilizes alternative medicine to improve physiological functions of patients with chronic diseases. Instead of looking at and treating health problems as isolated diseases, it treats individuals who may have bodily symptoms, imbalances and dysfunctions. Functional medicine takes into consideration every aspect of a patient’s lifestyle, from environmental stimuli to genetic predispositions, with the goal of treating and preventing the underlying cause of the disease instead of merely ameliorating the symptoms.
Some diseases are:
- Leaky Gut Syndrome: A condition affecting the lining of the intestines characterized for: Inflammatory bowel, food sensitivities, autoimmune disease, thyroid problems, malabsorption, fatigue, joint pain, headaches, skin issues like rosacea and acne, digestive problems and weight gain.
- Adrenal Fatigue: A collection of signs and symptoms that results when the adrenal glands function below the necessary level, most commonly associated with intense or prolonged stress. Some symptoms are: Excessive fatigue for any reason, trouble getting up in the morning, depression, difficulty concentrating, poor digestion, low blood pressure, sensitivity to cold, allergies, anxiety, irritability, depression, reduced memory, low libido, sexual drive or interest, lack of lust for life and/or food, excess hunger and low appetite.
- Autoimmune Disorder: An autoimmune disorder that occurs when the body’s immune system attacks and destroys healthy body tissue by mistake. There are more than 80 types of autoimmune disorders.
- Fibromyalgia: A medical condition characterized by chronic widespread pain and a heightened and painful response to pressure. Other symptoms that are not painful origin include: Physical and mental exhaustion, sleep disturbance, muscle stiffness and spasms in various muscle groups, headaches, irritable bowel, cold extremities, increased sweating, palpitations, dry mouth and eyes, jaw pain, dizziness and instability.
- Nutritional Deficiency: Occurs when the body doesn’t absorb the necessary amount of a nutrient. Deficiencies can lead to a variety of health problems, such as problems with digestion, skin problems, stunted or defective bone growth and even dementia.
- Metabolic Detoxification: Under normal circumstances, your body is able to rid itself of harmful chemicals and pollutants. But sometimes, the sheer volume of toxins to which you are exposed can overwhelm natural processes and accumulate in your tissues. Add to that an unhealthy diet lacking in proper nutrients, and the problem can get even worse.
If you think it’s possible that you might be suffering some of those symptoms, please, call New Age Medical Center today or contact us below.
Please feel free to contact us anytime with questions or concerns.
APPOINTMENTS: (352) 596-9095 or (813) 528-4064
MOBILE: (352) 263-5447 | FAX: (352) 578-1032
12142 Cortez Blvd
Brooksville, FL 34613
Mon-Wed: 9 AM to 5 PM
Thu-Fri: 9 AM to 2 PM
LAND O’ LAKES
17210 Camelot Court, Suite 102
Land O’ Lakes, FL 34638
Thu-Fri: 3 PM to 7 PM